The wide use of technology and the exchange of information and data so we tend to use email for almost everything in our daily life like the sharing vacation pictures with friends to trading tax documents with our accountants. This emails contains personal information, financial data and sheets, family pictures, and maybe social Security numbers, most people's email inboxes has a treasure of identity attributes that could wreak havoc in the wrong hands.
To secure your emails, there are various ways—of which some are easy, and some are more complex. From lowest-tech to highest-tech, here are some ways to keep your email confidential.
1. To be secure completely always start and build a strong password.
2. How to have a strong password-here is tip, choose a password that: it is a mix of letters and numbers.
3. Avoid using a spell of recognizable word or phrase
4. To make it more strong uses punctuation, symbols, and a combination of capital and lowercase letters
Remember, a strong password may not be the only way to protect you. As per the observation of Center for Identity Identity Ecosystem discovered, that seemingly harmless information like your birth date, your hometown, or a pet's name—can be used to decode your password. For example, a hacker could get into your account up till he or she can enter the password, then click on the "Forgot password" link. The other information about you can be used to eventually guess your password.
Few more to secure your email account are listed below.
1) Close the accounts you’re not using
2) Set up a password manager
3) Add two-factor verification
4) Protect your password resets
5) Check your account activity
6) Keep your software updated
7) Trust no one
8) Specify your trusted contacts
9) Change your passwords regularly
10) Use a secret email address
11) Stay informed
12) Add PIN code protection
13) Keep your accounts to yourself
14) Watch what you share online
Suggestions and Solution
If you suspicious that your email has been hijacked, we would like you to sign out of your email account and most importantly change your password with a secure and strong password.
To help you get out of this tricky situation, we advise you to install our Free anti malware tool and do a full email and system scan with our antivirus software, which should be able to remove the hijacker software.
After the scanning is complete and the virus detected, login into your email account and see if there aren’t any changes made by this virus.
As a proactive step read all the incoming email carefully and take care not to carelessly click on any link or attachment which comes with it. Be extra caution when you receive email from unknown sources.” it is always recommended that you check the source and if it not from a known source, best to delete the email.
We have an all-purpose software to take care of your computer and all the apps you use in your daily routine the best free antivirus of 2018 known as ITL.